7.21.2006
Towne Pub & Restaurant
My office moved to Belcamp, MD in October and compared to White Marsh, there aren't too many places to eat lunch without driving at least 10 minutes. One of the little joints we found is on Route 40 heading towards Aberdeen. It's called the Towne Pub & Restaurant and it's a favorite place to go when we have big office lunch things to celebrate birthdays or when someone leaves for greener pastures.
I try to order something different each time. The food is pretty good and you get a lot of it! They certainly don't skimp on the portions! We've only been for lunch, so I'm not sure if the place is more crowded for dinner. Usually, there are a number of guys at the bar area and maybe one or two tables taken in the dining area. Maybe that's why we go there... no problems getting a table for a group of 10 or more.
One of the first times I went, I ordered the Cream of Crab soup. It was very salty and kind of thick. Edible, but not the best or the worst I've had. It doesn't compare to the Cream of Crab at Catherine Rooney's in Delaware. I'm not sure anything can, although the first time I had CR's, it was rather salty too.
Last week, we went to Towne Pub for a co-worker's birthday. I had the Steak Fajita Wrap. Good flavor but very goopy. Too much sour cream and I could barely taste the guacamole in it. Two others ordered the same thing and Barb said hers was very salty.
Today, I went for a very generic BLT. It seemed to take forever for the sandwich to come out. I thought this was rather odd, seeing as it was something I thought would be very quick to make. The folks with grilled sandwiches (cheesesteaks, burgers) somehow got their orders first. When I finally got my sandwich, the bacon was warm. I guess the reason it took so long to come out was because the bacon was fried fresh. Maybe not, but one can dream! The bacon was thick and flavorful, not too salty or fatty. They didn't take the core out of the tomato, so out it went. Served with chips and a pickle.
One sandwich I'd like to try but haven't yet is their French Dip. Now, usually, a French Dip sandwich is thinly sliced roast beef on a french or hoagie roll with au jus on the side for dipping. Not at Towne Pub! They serve you what looks like a 12 oz. rib eye steak on Texas toast. It's a very generous meal for $8.95. I haven't been that hungry, even though I am the Queen of Lolo's (Left Overs, for you newbies).
I'm sure we'll be eating here again. I'll have to remember to bring my camera.
Towne Pub & Restaurant
705 S. Philadelphia Blvd. (Route 40)
Aberdeen, MD
I try to order something different each time. The food is pretty good and you get a lot of it! They certainly don't skimp on the portions! We've only been for lunch, so I'm not sure if the place is more crowded for dinner. Usually, there are a number of guys at the bar area and maybe one or two tables taken in the dining area. Maybe that's why we go there... no problems getting a table for a group of 10 or more.
One of the first times I went, I ordered the Cream of Crab soup. It was very salty and kind of thick. Edible, but not the best or the worst I've had. It doesn't compare to the Cream of Crab at Catherine Rooney's in Delaware. I'm not sure anything can, although the first time I had CR's, it was rather salty too.
Last week, we went to Towne Pub for a co-worker's birthday. I had the Steak Fajita Wrap. Good flavor but very goopy. Too much sour cream and I could barely taste the guacamole in it. Two others ordered the same thing and Barb said hers was very salty.
Today, I went for a very generic BLT. It seemed to take forever for the sandwich to come out. I thought this was rather odd, seeing as it was something I thought would be very quick to make. The folks with grilled sandwiches (cheesesteaks, burgers) somehow got their orders first. When I finally got my sandwich, the bacon was warm. I guess the reason it took so long to come out was because the bacon was fried fresh. Maybe not, but one can dream! The bacon was thick and flavorful, not too salty or fatty. They didn't take the core out of the tomato, so out it went. Served with chips and a pickle.
One sandwich I'd like to try but haven't yet is their French Dip. Now, usually, a French Dip sandwich is thinly sliced roast beef on a french or hoagie roll with au jus on the side for dipping. Not at Towne Pub! They serve you what looks like a 12 oz. rib eye steak on Texas toast. It's a very generous meal for $8.95. I haven't been that hungry, even though I am the Queen of Lolo's (Left Overs, for you newbies).
I'm sure we'll be eating here again. I'll have to remember to bring my camera.
Towne Pub & Restaurant
705 S. Philadelphia Blvd. (Route 40)
Aberdeen, MD
