8.01.2006
Sierra's Grill
Every so often, John and I head to Sierra's Grill in Calverton for some yummy Mexican food. There's a couple Mexican restaurants near our house, including the chain Don Pablo's, but Sierra's Grill is like one of those little tucked away joints no one knows about. They serve all your standards - burritos, enchiladas, tacos, chimis, and fajitas. And of course, you get the complimentary basket of chips with salsa (washed down this time with some Sangria):

John normally gets the Sierra's Platter, which comes with one beef, one chicken and one cheese enchilada served with rice and refried beans. It's a lot of food, but somehow John manages to crush it. This time, he opted for a Chicken Burrito:

The past few times we've been to Sierra's, I've ordered the Trucha Asada (grilled rainbow trout). The fish is filleted and I'd say it was more fried than "grilled". The skin is crispy but the fish isn't all dried out like you might expect. You wouldn't think to order fish in a Mexican restaurant, but this is really delicious.

Sorry for the fuzzy pics. I keep forgetting I have a food blog. This was taken with my camera phone...
Sierra's Grill
11619 Beltsville Drive
Beltsville, MD

John normally gets the Sierra's Platter, which comes with one beef, one chicken and one cheese enchilada served with rice and refried beans. It's a lot of food, but somehow John manages to crush it. This time, he opted for a Chicken Burrito:

The past few times we've been to Sierra's, I've ordered the Trucha Asada (grilled rainbow trout). The fish is filleted and I'd say it was more fried than "grilled". The skin is crispy but the fish isn't all dried out like you might expect. You wouldn't think to order fish in a Mexican restaurant, but this is really delicious.

Sorry for the fuzzy pics. I keep forgetting I have a food blog. This was taken with my camera phone...
Sierra's Grill
11619 Beltsville Drive
Beltsville, MD
