9.08.2006
Beach Food
It used to be the OBX beach weekend tradition for Nicole to cook some kind of Italian feast -- lasagna or chicken cacciatore -- for Sunday night dinner. One year, I decided to give the crew something new to try while giving Nic a break and cooked up a curry. I believe the first time was chicken in a yellow curry. I threw in some pineapple per Linda's request (although it's not part of the "traditional" recipe). The following trip, I made a beef Massaman curry. The group likes the sauce, so I tend to make it with more liquid than the norm... making it impossible to tell what's actually in the pot.

Under all that sauce is beef, potato, pearl onions and peanuts. In addition to the beef curry, I also made a chicken curry:

For sides, I simply sauteed zucchini and squash in some butter and oil, added a few dashes of oyster sauce to finish it and topped with black pepper:

And we had salad with green pepper, avocado, blue cheese, croutons and nuts on the side. I never know what people like in their salads, so it often becomes a salad bar.

Under all that sauce is beef, potato, pearl onions and peanuts. In addition to the beef curry, I also made a chicken curry:

For sides, I simply sauteed zucchini and squash in some butter and oil, added a few dashes of oyster sauce to finish it and topped with black pepper:

And we had salad with green pepper, avocado, blue cheese, croutons and nuts on the side. I never know what people like in their salads, so it often becomes a salad bar.
Another wonderful weekend of good eats!

