9.29.2006

Belated Birthday Dinner

This past Wednesday, John and I finally got our schedules meshed with Nate & Linda's. We have such busy weeks with family obligations, sporting things, on-call nights and such. They had been wanting to have us over to their house for dinner for a while now and a belated 40th celebration (I know... people want to celebrate it... what can I say?) was the plan.

Boy, was this dinner a really nice time and delish to boot! We had filets wrapped in bacon, grilled by Nate. Linda made some green beans, mashed potatoes and fried up some crabcakes. We also had a salad with a ginger/sesame type dressing (the kind you'd get at Benihana). I think it was "Naturally Fresh" brand or something. The jars you'd see in the produce aisle. It was really good and would probably be really nice on cold green beans.


Oh! Linda also made a bernaise sauce to go with the steak. She told me earlier in the day that she tried to look up a recipe online and one of the sites she looked at said the packets you buy in the grocery store are better (and easier!) than trying to make your own. It was rich and tasty.

We hung about after dinner and chatted. Then we had brownies and ice cream for dessert. "Not another bite, Aunt Bea, not another bite." Simple dishes combined with good friends resulting in a wonderful evening.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?