9.22.2006

Greene Turtle - Laurel

John and I are very lucky to live within a stone's throw away from a lot of restaurants. Almost everything you could want to eat -- Chinese, pho, pizza, bbq, italian, fast food, diner food, seafood, mexican. One Thai/Indian place. Haven't tried it yet. Of course, there's bar food.

We don't think of the Greene Turtle as a regular eating place as often as we should. Mostly, we've gathered there because it's a central place for the High Point crew to meet a couple times a year and it's pretty fun on St. Patrick's Day too.

On our visit earlier this week, I ordered the London Broil with bourbon sauce and mushrooms, served with your choice of two sides. I picked rice and a caesar salad. John had turtle (chicken) tenders with fries. The beef was cooked a little on the well side, even though I asked for it medium-rare. When I think of London Broil, I usually imagine a steak-like piece of meat being grilled and then sliced for service. Any sauce would be poured over top. This dish seemed like they sliced the meat in half inch widths and sauteed it with the sauce and mushrooms.


Posted by Picasa

Overall, it was well seasoned and had good flavor. I would have liked the beef cooked a little more rare, but it's not a chop house, so steak cooked to perfection shouldn't be expected.

The Greene Turtle does make a really good burger, though. And on certain nights, they have half-price burgers. A great bargain!

The Greene Turtle Sports Bar & Grille
14150 Baltimore Avenue
Laurel, MD 20707
(301) 317 - 6650

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?