9.14.2006
Recent Dinners
I haven't done much cooking lately since returning from the beach, but one of our beach meals, steak and mash potatoes, left me wanting more. I generally like steaks cooked rare or medium-rare while the grillers (Freddy and William) tend to like their steaks well done. To me, this defeats the purpose of buying a really good cut of beef (rib eye, NY strip). You might as well just get the cheapest cut if you're gonna cook it till it's a hockey puck anyway.
Monday's dinner was just a regular sirloin with McCormick's Montreal Grill Seasoning. At first, I cooked it a little too rare, so it went back on the grill for a few more minutes.

The steak was a bit too gristly for John (sorry, Love!). I don't tend to mind the chewy bits. And grilled beef fat? Yum! I should have splurged a bit more for John's. It was very flavorful though. And mashed potatoes... life's simplest food and so delicious.
Yesterday, I ate leftovers from an MCBC outing at Tara Asia with the girls to celebrate the Virgo birthdays. I heated up some chili for John to go with hot dogs I grilled for him. Chili cheese dogs!

The chili was Campbell's Chunky, no beans and John said it was actually pretty good for being canned. It wasn't exactly Hard Times Cafe*** or home cooked, but not bad.
*** I know... another shameless plug for businesses owned by family friends or relatives!
Monday's dinner was just a regular sirloin with McCormick's Montreal Grill Seasoning. At first, I cooked it a little too rare, so it went back on the grill for a few more minutes.

The steak was a bit too gristly for John (sorry, Love!). I don't tend to mind the chewy bits. And grilled beef fat? Yum! I should have splurged a bit more for John's. It was very flavorful though. And mashed potatoes... life's simplest food and so delicious.
Yesterday, I ate leftovers from an MCBC outing at Tara Asia with the girls to celebrate the Virgo birthdays. I heated up some chili for John to go with hot dogs I grilled for him. Chili cheese dogs!

The chili was Campbell's Chunky, no beans and John said it was actually pretty good for being canned. It wasn't exactly Hard Times Cafe*** or home cooked, but not bad.
*** I know... another shameless plug for businesses owned by family friends or relatives!
