10.02.2006

El Aguila - Silver Spring

After we had Friday Night Dinner at my parents' this week, we headed to El Aguila for a little party Robert was hosting in honor of Pokey's and Bianca's birthdays. This was the first time John and I had been to El Aguila. There have been many occasions for us to go, the most recent being Bianca's bridal shower, but the timing was always off.

Seeing as we had already eaten, we ordered drinks. I had a gigantic Mojito (yes, that's a pint glass!) and it was delish. Very minty.



I ate two shrimp off William's fajita platter:


The shrimp were split and grilled with the shell still on. I think that lent to how flavorful it was. This was served with rice, beans and tortillas. Or maybe it was rice, steamed veggies and tortillas. There were a couple side dishes floating around the table and after William grabbed the one with the beans, the waitress brought him one with steamed veggies. Maybe you can specify whether you want beans or veggies.

I ordered dessert and had a cup of coffee. For dessert, I got Xangos, which were like a sweet taquito. It was some type of dough (maybe just a flour tortilla?) filled with banana and a thick cream. The Xango was fried and cut into bite size pieces. A couple other desserts going around the table included Flan and Tres Leches cake (I think). The Flan tasted like the fridge. They probably ought to do a better job keeping it covered. The Tres Leches was on the frozen side. I don't think it's supposed to be served frozen. But the Xango was yummy.

The menu at El Aguila looked pretty extensive. John was disappointed they didn't have queso on the menu. We'll definitely have to go back and try a real meal.

El Aguila Restaurant
8649 16th Street
Silver Spring, MD 20910
(301) 588-9063 Posted by Picasa

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?