10.03.2006

Not Exactly Popeye's

Last night, I planned on making a "Mexican Lasagna" using all the flour tortillas I somehow managed to collect last week. Instead, I grilled beef kielbasa and made rice for John, who got home late and was on-call last night. I had a can of "New Orleans-style beans" I bought a few months ago and decided to give 'em a try with the rice.

They weren't what I was expecting... which was Popeye's red beans and rice. They weren't very spicy and although I wouldn't say they tasted tinny (like the can), they were off. Have you ever eaten a piece of bread or cheese that had a bit of hidden green fuzz? And you KNOW it's not right. Like that. Or maybe it was the can...


Not so GLORY-ous.

I'll just have to make special trips to Popeye's to get my red beans fix. I looked up recipes for knock-offs of the Popeye's red beans but never tried to make it. Maybe after I perfect the Bourbon Chicken recipe...


Comments:
Mmmmm Popeyes beans and rice AND their dirty rice ROCK! When you learn how to make them let me know because we're coming over for dinner!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?