10.12.2006
Panda Express - Laurel
Blogger isn't cooperating with the picture posting today, so I'll have to edit this with pictures later...
After a few nights of eating nothing but leftover turkey in sandwiches, soup, or with various sides, we'd had enough turkey for a while. I really wanted some fish or pasta or Chinese. John didn't want to eat in a "real" restaurant, so we headed up to Panda Express, which opened up a while ago next to the Five Guys burger joint.
It's your basic mall food court Chinese... various dishes set out for you to see, served with white rice, fried rice or chow mein noodles. They also have spring rolls, soups, etc...
One of the reasons I like to go to places like this is the ability to select a couple different dishes. I went for the two entree meal -- white rice with Chicken and Mushrooms and Beef and Broccoli. Everything had a really good flavor and I enjoyed the veggies a lot. The broccoli still had a bite to it (hate it when it's mushy!). The beef itself was tender, but not as good as when you go out for Dim Sum at one of the Chinese restaurants in Wheaton (for example) and order Beef Chow Fun with Chinese Broccoli. The one with the "gravy", not the dry cooked noodles. Sooo good.

John ordered Orange Chicken and tried Mandarin Chicken. He's a fan of the General Tso's, so Orange Chicken is a good substitute. The Mandarin Chicken looked like Bourbon Chicken, but had a very syrupy strong flavored sauce on it. John thought it might be vinegar. I thought it might be more like Chinese Cooking Wine. It was good, but would have been better if diluted with a little broth or water.

Both our meals, with drinks, came to about $14.00. Not bad for the amount of food they give you. John did remark for the amount of "entree" they serve up, it's weird they don't give you more rice. Of course, I had lo-lo's to bring home and John had a few pieces of chicken left.
With all the chain food places in Laurel, there aren't any real "sit down" Chinese restaurants. Weird. The carry out across Rt 1 from us is actually pretty good. And I don't even think they know what Dim Sum is in Laurel!
This is a place we'd go again, I'm sure. Maybe next year.
Panda Express
15102 Baltimore Avenue #100
Laurel, MD 20707
(301) 604-3442
After a few nights of eating nothing but leftover turkey in sandwiches, soup, or with various sides, we'd had enough turkey for a while. I really wanted some fish or pasta or Chinese. John didn't want to eat in a "real" restaurant, so we headed up to Panda Express, which opened up a while ago next to the Five Guys burger joint.
It's your basic mall food court Chinese... various dishes set out for you to see, served with white rice, fried rice or chow mein noodles. They also have spring rolls, soups, etc...
One of the reasons I like to go to places like this is the ability to select a couple different dishes. I went for the two entree meal -- white rice with Chicken and Mushrooms and Beef and Broccoli. Everything had a really good flavor and I enjoyed the veggies a lot. The broccoli still had a bite to it (hate it when it's mushy!). The beef itself was tender, but not as good as when you go out for Dim Sum at one of the Chinese restaurants in Wheaton (for example) and order Beef Chow Fun with Chinese Broccoli. The one with the "gravy", not the dry cooked noodles. Sooo good.

John ordered Orange Chicken and tried Mandarin Chicken. He's a fan of the General Tso's, so Orange Chicken is a good substitute. The Mandarin Chicken looked like Bourbon Chicken, but had a very syrupy strong flavored sauce on it. John thought it might be vinegar. I thought it might be more like Chinese Cooking Wine. It was good, but would have been better if diluted with a little broth or water.

Both our meals, with drinks, came to about $14.00. Not bad for the amount of food they give you. John did remark for the amount of "entree" they serve up, it's weird they don't give you more rice. Of course, I had lo-lo's to bring home and John had a few pieces of chicken left.
With all the chain food places in Laurel, there aren't any real "sit down" Chinese restaurants. Weird. The carry out across Rt 1 from us is actually pretty good. And I don't even think they know what Dim Sum is in Laurel!
This is a place we'd go again, I'm sure. Maybe next year.
Panda Express
15102 Baltimore Avenue #100
Laurel, MD 20707
(301) 604-3442
