12.29.2006
Simple Ingredients = Fab Meal
Often, when I'm cooking for friends and left to my own ideas of what to fix, I'll choose some kind of Thai curry. Although a curry can be complex in preparation and flavors, I use canned pastes and stick to the ones with ingredients readily available at the local grocer. Other Thai dishes I make are simple as well, but always seem to require lots of tedious chopping or hand-shredding.
Originally, we had plans to dine at The Palm with Freddy, Lynn and William, but Lynn wanted to cook a meal at home, so we were invited to join them. A delicious meal it was:

Angel hair pasta with a sour cream sauce (mushrooms, dill, sour cream, a little lemon?), topped with chicken and asparagus on the side. There was also a Waldorf Salad (apples, celery and nuts in a mayo/sour cream dressing).
I really must step out of my little box and try to find more recipes like this. A great meal doesn't have to be made from complex ingredients or take hours to prep. John even tried some asparagus!

Thanks for cooking, Lynn!
Originally, we had plans to dine at The Palm with Freddy, Lynn and William, but Lynn wanted to cook a meal at home, so we were invited to join them. A delicious meal it was:

Angel hair pasta with a sour cream sauce (mushrooms, dill, sour cream, a little lemon?), topped with chicken and asparagus on the side. There was also a Waldorf Salad (apples, celery and nuts in a mayo/sour cream dressing).
I really must step out of my little box and try to find more recipes like this. A great meal doesn't have to be made from complex ingredients or take hours to prep. John even tried some asparagus!

Thanks for cooking, Lynn!
Comments:
<< Home
mmmm that looks so yummy! I'm actually planning to make a beef stroganoff this week and that reminded me of it. Can't wait. I'll let you know what recipe I use and if it's good I'll pass it along, maybe you can try it out...
Post a Comment
<< Home

