1.04.2007

Wedding Food

New Year's Eve, John and I attended the wedding of a family friend's son. There was the traditional ceremony, with a reverand, mixed with a Thai blessing ceremony. But you're not here to read about that...

I'm not sure if the food was catered by the country club where the wedding was held or not (I'm guessing it was). We noshed on stuffed mushrooms (I think it there was bacon and bread crumbs in the stuffing) and shrimp salad in little mini phyllo cups (not pictured). I'm not sure if there were any other appetizers being passed around. It seemed like the selection was limited to the mushrooms.



The main course was a buffet of roast beef, chicken in a creamy sauce with mushrooms, rice pilaf, mixed veggies in a cheese sauce and red potatoes in a butter sauce. The beef was deliciously rare. I didn't try the chicken but did sample the mushrooms and cream sauce.


Sorry about the plate of half eaten food... I didn't think to take the picture before I started digging in. It was late... I was hungry.

Of course, you can't have a wedding without CAKE! And a beautiful cake it was...


There was a layer of yellow cake with some type of berry cream filling and a chocolate cake with chocolate filling. I got chocolate and John got vanilla and we sampled some of each. The "twinkie cake" (as my friend, Diana, would call it) was very light and moist. The chocolate layer was more dense. I think I liked the vanilla more.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?