3.11.2007

BaconFest

Last month, the girls got together at Laurie's for girls' night, but I wasn't able to make it. Linda told me about a simple little appetizer she made using bacon, 'Lil Smokies and brown sugar. This sounded really yummy (bacon's one of the ingredients... how bad could it be?) so I decided to try it.


You take the 'Lil Smokie (or mini hot dog) and wrap some bacon around it. Secure with a toothpick. Then you sprinkle brown sugar over top and bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes until the bacon is crisp.

YUM!

I didn't have actual measurements and didn't use the entire package of bacon or smokies. After telling Linda I made this recipe, I found out you're supposed to use a cup of brown suger. I didn't use nearly that much (just sprinkled about half a teaspoon over each one). John thought they were good but wasn't convinced it was 'da bomb or anything.

The rest of the bacon was cooked up and topped our turkey sandwiches on kaiser rolls. A simple dinner made extra delicious with the addition of bacon!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?