7.01.2007

The Palm - Tysons Corner

My first experience at The Palm was dinner with my friend, Mike, his brother and sister-in-law in Philly many years ago. I believe I had salmon. Mike's sister-in-law, Joy, ordered a whole lobster and I remember thinking that was something I wanted to do some day.

For my 40th birthday last year, Freddy gave me a GC for The Palm. John and I decided to celebrate our 2-year wedding anniversary by having a fabulous dinner, courtesy of Freddy's generosity. Last year, as you may recall, we celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary with dinner at Ruth's Chris (via GC wedding gift).

Having been to the restaurant quite recently to celebrate Freddy's birthday, we knew the crabcakes ($31.00) were fabulous. That's what John ordered. I was torn between steak and my longtime dream... I finally had a lobster ($48.00):



It was just a 2-pounder, but more than enough. Lobster. Melted butter. What's not to LOVE???

For dessert, John had peanut butter pie and I ordered the 7-layer chocolate cake.



Despite how it looks, that's NOT an optical illusion! The cake was really that ginormous! John thought it may have been about a sixth of a whole cake. At $14.00, it was enough for 4 people easily.

Like Ruth's Chris, if you're trying to impress a date or out for a very special occasion, splurge on The Palm. It's well worth it!

The Palm - Tysons Corner
1750 Tysons Blvd
McLean, VA 22102
(703) 917-0200

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?