6.30.2009

Greystone Grill - Ellicott City

Although it's been open for a while, this was our first time at Greystone Grill in Ellicott City. John's friend is one of the investors and we'd read some good reviews over the years, so we decided this was the place we'd celebrate our anniversary.

It was a warm Saturday evening and our reservation was for 6:30 PM. Understanding that it is summer and people are probably away for vacations and such, I was surprised to find the place fairly empty. Not that I'm complaining... I like arriving at your designated, "reserved" time and getting seated right away. And it was also nice to not feel rushed through dinner.

Even though we knew the entree would be more than enough food, for the full anniversary dining experience, we also ordered an appetizer to share. The Seafood Cocktail came with shrimp cocktail, Limoncello crab and seared tuna. DELISH! It was a light, refreshing starter -- especially the crab in its lemon zest and Limoncello marinade.


Our dinners came with a salad -- a Caesar, your traditional iceburg lettuce wedge with blue cheese, bacon and tomato or the Greystone (my selection).



This salad was simple in composition but very flavorful. Field greens in a raspberry dressing with Maytag blue cheese and candied cashews. It is definitely a runner up to my current favorite, the house salad at Red Sky.

My entree was a 16 oz. New York strip and baked potato. Three out of the past four anniversary celebrations, I've had steak (year 2 was lobster at the Palm, posted here). This one was topped with a special (and optional) steak butter (deliciously infused with baked garlic).

This was a very good piece of steak, perfectly cooked to my liking (med rare). I have no complaints. Truthfully, though, I was a little full of bread, seafood and salad by the time the steak hit the table, so I probably didn't fully enjoy it as much as I should have that night. The steak served me well for two more meals though!

Greystone Grill
8850 Columbia 100 Parkway
Ellicott City, MD 21045
410) 715-4739
http://www.greystonegrill.com/

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?